Botanical Community Development Initiatives (BCDI) welcomes volunteers of all ages, skills, abilities and backgrounds. They seek to provide nourishment and education to four preschools. Children will learn about farm supplies, sustainably-grown vegetables, and have a safe place to spend outdoors. The preschools are surrounded by low-income neighborhoods who suffer from a lack of easily accessible fresh food and healthy outdoor activities.
- This is great project if you like working outdoors! Activities will depend on what is happening at the farm seasonally and may include prepping garden beds, harvesting produce, weeding, trimming shrubs, weed eating, planting seeds, mulching, sorting seeds, watering plants and installing irrigation. There are often building projects such as building garden beds, seedlings tables, shaded awnings, creating community spaces, and much more. North Coast has partnered with BCDI to help them expand their programs. This is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of a locally grown, organic food movement that provides for food-insecure members of our community.
- Time: 9am-12pm
- Meet: 4510 N. River Road Oceanside, 92057 (Located on the property of Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church)
- Bring: Gloves, hats, sunscreen, snacks & water
- Wear: Full length pants and shirts, closed toed shoes or work boots.
- Provided: Rakes, shovels and other tools will be provided.
- Who: Great for groups or individuals.
- Child Friendly: Yes! There are some projects suitable for children so please make a note when registering. Children need to be supervised by an adult parent. Volunteers below the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult. Children 16 -18 years need parental permission slips.
- Waiver: Paperless waiver here!
- Garden Manager: Bianca Bonilla will be on-site to give directions [email protected], (760) 575-4898.
Date/Time: 07/01/2018 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Botanical Community Development Initiatives (BCDI)
4510 N. River Road