Botanical Community Development Initiatives (BCDI) welcomes volunteers of all ages, skills, abilities and backgrounds. They seek to provide nourishment and education to four preschools. Children will learn about farm supplies, sustainably-grown vegetables, and have a safe place to spend outdoors. The preschools are surrounded by low-income neighborhoods who suffer from a lack of easily accessible fresh food and healthy outdoor activities.
Project Details – Community Build Day.
- You will help to transform the parking lot at Community Roots Farm into a community space parklet! Help to make this transformation by painting, building, decorating, and planting! Make a beautiful and safe green space for everyone to gather. This space will be used for community gatherings, potlucks, classes, cooking, and much more. This project is made possible through a grant from Community Health Improvement Partners and San Diego Health and Human Services Agency. This is farm project is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of a locally grown, organic food movement that provides for food-insecure members of our community.
- Time: 9am-1pm
- Meet: 4510 N. River Road, Oceanside, 92057 (the Farm is located on the property BEHIND Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church)
- Bring: Gloves, hats, sunscreen, snacks & water
- Wear: Full length pants and shirts, closed toed shoes or work boots.
- Provided: Rakes, shovels and other tools will be provided.
- Who: Great for groups or individuals.
- Child Friendly: Yes! There are some projects suitable for children so please make a note when registering. Children need to be supervised by an adult parent. Volunteers below the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult. Children 16 -18 years need parental permission slips.
- Waiver: Paperless waiver here!
- Garden Manager: Bianca Bonilla will be on-site to give directions [email protected], (760) 575-4898.
Date/Time: 09/08/2018 - 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Botanical Community Development Initiatives (BCDI)
4510 N. River Road