Vista Gardens Memory Care is a special and unique community that treats their senior residents with the respect and dignity they deserve. These residents have been affected Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s-related dementia, and mild cognitive impairment.
- One-on-One Individual Projects: In an effort to provide opportunities that help the seniors feel productive and actively exercise the mind and body, here are some project that are perfect for individuals.
- Walks: Take a leisurely walk around the beautiful garden area, wander through the Butterfly Garden, sit on a park bench watching ducks fly overhead, or listen to the sound of roosters crowing and birds chirping.
- Golf: Swing a few clubs with the residents who still love to play golf on their mini golf course located on the property.
- Share Stories, History & Photos: Some of the residents LOVE flipping through their photo albums as they tell stories from their past. What a great learning experience for volunteers to get a taste of their history first-hand.
- Gardening: Some of the residents were either farmers or just simply love to garden. Vista Gardens has nearly five acres encompassing courtyards, walking paths, raised garden beds, fruit trees and more. If you share a love for gardening, choose to spend some time doing just that.
Volunteer Hours? Yes, these projects are great for anyone in need of school volunteer hours.
Child Friendly? Yes! But of course parental supervision is required.
Questions: Contact our Team Leader, Mara Carney, Activities Coordinator at Vista Gardens: [email protected] or 760-295-3900
If interested in any of these projects, please click “register” and indicate your preference and a date that works best in the “comments” section of the registration. Our Team Leader will be in touch with you to coordinate timing and details.
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Vista Gardens Memory Care
1863 Devon Place