Cleaning up your neighborhood park is rewarding for volunteers and neighbors alike. Volunteers and on-lookers will see the immediate and tangible results of your efforts and it only takes a few hours of work. Grab your Growth Group, family or friends and pick up trash and/or wipe down benches and picnic tables. Choose a park in advance that needs some TLC and bring your trash picker-uppers.
Not sure what park to choose? Here are a few suggestions of places in need but feel free to choose your own neighborhood park in order to beautify your own community.
A few suggestions:
- Alex Road Skate Park -Alex Road & Foussat Road, Oceanside, CA 92058
- Buddy Todd Park & Ravine – 2800 Mesa Drive, Oceanside, CA 92054
- Guajome County Park – 3000 Guajome Lake Road, Oceanside, CA 92057
- Vista Buena Creek – 650 Sycamore Avenue, Vista, CA 92083
If anyone asks what you’re doing, let them know you’re from North Coast and that you’re making the community a cleaner and safe place. Wear a North Coast shirt if you have one.
Preparation and Planning:
Groups should choose a date and park location that suits their needs. Remember to warn children to be cautious of any poison oak or sharp items (broken glass, nails, needles, etc) and tell them to find a grown up if they do find these items. Adults should watch over their children to keep them safe.
Things to Think About:
- Time: Agree on a time to meet and duration of clean-up
- Location: Agree on a location to meet
- Bring: Disposable gloves, 2-3 grocery bags, 1 large black trash bag, spray bottle with water or cleaner, paper towels, hats, sunscreen, snacks and water
- Wear: Closed-toed-shoes, long pants, hats
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
North Coast Church - Vista
Will be provided after registration.