Description: Help clean and maintain Pico Promenade Trail in downtown Fallbrook. Work includes trimming, weeding, pruning, digging, and trash pick-up along the trail.
Save Our Forest’s Mission: Is to improve, enhance and restore Fallbrook’s environment through the re-establishment of native trees. Their work includes:
- Rebuilding the perimeter of native woodlands allowing for a wild
- Improving the community forest to promote a pedestrian friendly
atmosphere benefiting the economic well-being of Fallbrook.
- Providing environmental education on the value of trees to the
- Enhancing the natural beauty and healthy environment of the community.
- Date: Saturday, August 18th, 2018
- Time: either 8-10am or 9-11am
- Location: Pico Promenade
- Pico Promenade is located to the right of Fallbrook Fertilizer, Feed & Farm Supply at 215 W Fallbrook Street.
- Bring: Gloves, hats, sunscreen, snacks & water. If volunteers have hand clippers, shovels, or gloves it is helpful to bring them. Otherwise, there will be some tools available for use.
- Provided: Rakes, shovels and other small tools will be provided.
- Wear: Volunteers will be working outside in the dirt, so clothes that can get dirty are recommended. Attire such as a light-weight long sleeve shirt, pants, a hat, shoes that can get dirty
- Who: Great for whole family
- Child Friendly: Yes! There are some projects suitable for children so please make a note when registering. Children need to be supervised by an adult parent. Volunteers below the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult. Children 16 -18 years need parental permission slips.
- Contact: Ashley McKnight (760) 533-7472 [email protected]
How to Get Started?
- “Register” for this project by filling out the short form. An automated email confirmation will be sent to you and the team leader of your volunteer commitment.
- Important! Include your preferred shift, 8-10am or 9-11am in the “Comments” section of the registration. This will expedite the sign-up process.
- That’s it! Simply show up on the day and time of your project.
***8am Volunteers: Jackie Heyneman, the chairperson of the organization will meet the 8am volunteers
***9am volunteers should walk along the Pico Promenade to find the rest of the volunteers.
Date/Time: 08/18/2018 - 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Fallbrook Land Conservancy - Save Our Forest
Will be provided after registration.