Dress a Girl Around the World is a campaign to bring dignity to women around the world. Every girl deserves the dignity of owning at least one dress! Gather a group of any size and use your sewing skills to build sundresses out of a new T-SHIRT. Patterns and guidelines can be found below.
- Make a girl’s T-shirt dress, anywhere from size 2 – 12.
- How many dresses should you make? There is no minimum number. Just make sure you send God’s best by putting all your care into good, quality dresses that meet the guidelines.
- What type of fabric? Dresses can be any color as long as they are 100% cotton or a cotton/polyester blend that is not thin (see-through)! Please choose fabric to make a coordinating skirt that will be attached to the T-shirt to complete the dress.
- Please refer to the Guidelines for all details and styles accepted. Use your creativity to make the cutest dress possible!
Other Helpful Information:
- Basic Sundress Instructions
- Dress A Girl website, resources and instructions for making dresses
- Questions: Mary Bishop, [email protected]
- Optional Donation: A new pack of girls underwear.
- More Information about Dress A Girl: click here!
- Drop Off: Register for your project here, and when your dresses are complete, deliver them to the front desk of North Coast Church, Vista Campus, Attn: Mary Bishop. If you’re at another campus and it’s not convenient for you to deliver them to Vista, you may drop them off at your local NCC campus and ask them to transport them to Mary at the Vista Campus.
- Office Hours: M-F, between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Finish the dress with a special prayer for the girl who will wear it! Your dresses will be distributed by our North Coast missionaries to countries in Latin America and Africa. The dresses are hand-carried and delivered to each girl personally. The dresses are usually slipped on over their ragged clothing, telling each girl that God loves them and that someone who cares about them made this dress especially for them. THEN, the transformation begins as the girls realize their dignity!
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Dress a Girl Around the World
2405 North Santa Fe Avenue