Thanksgiving Dinner in a Box – Head Start Program, Poway
The Head Start Program promotes self-sufficiency and supports individuals and families to strive towards economic stability.
Project: Bless a family and give them a chance to celebrate one of the most cherished holidays with a homemade feast that includes a turkey and all the sides. Fresh items are ideal as much as possible, but non-perishables can work as well.
Cost: Cost of the groceries. Use the suggested to provide a holiday dinner for a family.
What size family? Choose a family of 4, 6 or 8 upon registration. The list below will provide a wonderful feast for a family in need.
Groups or Individuals: This project is great for either group or individuals. If you’re an individual, you might grab your friends or family to help with the prep and expense of the items to make the complete meal.
Deliver: Head Start office in Poway: 13029 Danielson Street, Ste. 100, Poway, CA 92064, Ph: 858-391-9084, Hours: 8am-5pm
Date: November 12th – 16th, between 8:00am-5:00pm. Once the meal is delivered, the social workers will deliver the meal to the clients. The center is closed the week of Nov 19th.
Pack: Package the dinner in boxes or reusable grocery bags to make it easier for transport.
Suggested Grocery List:
- Gift Card to cover Cost of Turkey (Vons, Stater Bros, Albertsons)
- Stuffing Mix, plus all components to make stuffing
- Gravy, canned or packet
- Canned Corn
- Bag of Potatoes or Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Cranberries, canned
- Green Beans, canned
- Buttery Biscuits, Rolls or Garlic Bread
- Cornbread, boxed
- Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie
- Whip Cream
- Include a thoughtful note or a few encouraging words
- ***There is no refrigeration, so items need to be non-perishable.
- After you’ve “Registered” an automated email confirmation will be sent to you and Head Start notifying you of your volunteer commitment.
- Important! Include your preferred drop-off date (November 12th – 16th) for the groceries in the “Comments” section of the registration. This will expedite the sign-up process.
- Deliver the meal to Head Start during the coordinated day/time which can be done after you register with our team leader Monica Vigil.
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Head Start Program - Ramona & Poway
Will be provided after registration.