The Head Start Program promotes self-sufficiency and supports individuals and families to strive towards economic stability.
Project: Bless a family and give them a chance to celebrate one of the most cherished holidays with a homemade feast that includes a turkey and all the sides. Fresh items are ideal as much as possible, but non-perishables can work as well.
Cost: Cost of the groceries. Use the suggested to provide a holiday dinner for a family.
What size family? Choose a family of 4, 6 or 8 upon registration. The list below will provide a wonderful feast for a family in need.
Groups or Individuals: This project is great for either group or individuals. If you’re an individual, you might grab your friends or family to help with the prep and expense of the items to make the complete meal.
Deliver to: Deliver to the Head Start Office on Wednesday or Thursday (TBC). Once the meal is delivered, the social workers will deliver to the clients and/or the clients will pick up from the center.
Pack: Package the dinner in boxes to make it easier for transport.
Suggested Grocery List:
- Fresh or Frozen Turkey – 9 lbs or more
- Stuffing Mix, plus all components to make stuffing
- Gravy, canned or packet
- Fresh or Canned Corn
- Bag of Potatoes for Mashed Potatoes
- Cranberries, Canned or Fresh
- Fresh Uncooked Green Beans
- Buttery Biscuits, Rolls or Garlic Bread
- Fresh Cornbread
- Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie
- Whip Cream
- Include a thoughtful note or a few encouraging words
***Above and Beyond: Include a grocery gift card in any amount for them to purchase the extras they might like (totally optional).
How to Get Started?
- Click the “Register” button and fill out the short form. An automated email confirmation will be sent notifying you of your volunteer commitment and notifying Head Start.
- Important! Include your preferred drop-off date and location for the groceries in the “Comments” section of the registration. This will expedite the sign-up process.
- Deliver the meal to the Head Start Location in Poway or Ramona. Specific hours, dates and location can be coordinated after you register with our team leader Monica Vigil.
ADDRESS: To be provided.
OFFICE HOURS: To be provided/Exact Drop off day/ DROP OFF TIMES.
QUESTIONS: To be provided
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Head Start Program - Ramona & Poway
Will be provided after registration.