Project: Bless a family and give them a chance to celebrate one of the most cherished holidays with a homemade feast that includes a turkey and all the sides.
Cost: Cost of the groceries. Use the suggested list below to provide a holiday dinner for a family.
What size family? Depending on your financial means, choose a family of 4, 6 or 8 upon registration that you’d like to sponsor. The list below will provide a wonderful feast for a family in need.
Groups or Individuals: This project is great for either group or individuals. If you’re an individual, you might grab your friends or family to help with the prep and expense of the items to make the complete meal.
Deliver: To the office during any of this date span: Nov 12th to Nov 21st. Once the meal is delivered by your group, the social workers will deliver to the clients and/or the clients will pick up from the center in order to enjoy their Thanksgiving Dinner.
Location for Drop:
- Interfaith Carlsbad Service Center
- 5731 Palmer Way, Suite A
Carlsbad, CA 92010
- Monday – Saturday, 7:30am to 12:00pm (preferred) or Tu/Wed/Th 1:00- 2:30pm
- Please drop off at the back door. Drive straight to the back of the building and go through the alley to the back doors. If no one is there, please call 760-448-5696 and they will let you in.
Suggested Grocery List:
- Turkey – Whole 9 lbs or larger, frozen or fresh. They have a freezer & fridge.
- Stuffing (boxed)
- Gravy Packet or in a Jar pre-made
- Canned Corn
- Mashed Potatoes (boxed)
- Cranberries (canned)
- Canned Green Beans
- Buttery Biscuits, Rolls or Garlic Bread
- Cornbread (boxed)
- Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie
- Can of Whip Cream
*Include a grocery gift card in any amount to purchase the extras they might like (this is above and beyond and is totally optional if you feel so inclined)
*Include a thoughtful note, a few encouraging words, or prayer to include with the Thanksgiving Dinner.
Pack: Package the dinner in boxes to make it easier for transport. They have a large freezer and fridge to store the turkeys, but please ensure all other fixings for the dinner are non-perishables.
- Click the “Register” button and fill out the short form. An automated email confirmation will be sent notifying you of your volunteer commitment and notifying the organization.
- Include your preferred drop off date in the comments section of the registration. This will expedite the sign-up process.
- Include the family size you’d like to sponsor for Thanksgiving: 4, 6, or 8 people?
- Deliver the meal to Interfaith at the agreed upon/coordinated time with Denise Fonseca. Deliveries are accepted at the back door. Call when you arrive to let them know and they will open the door.
QUESTIONS: Denise Fonseca, Site Supervisor at Carlsbad Service Center, 760-448-5696, [email protected]
Availability: PROJECT FULL
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Interfaith Community Services – Carlsbad
5731 Palmer Way, Suite A