REGISTRATION IS NOT CURRENTLY OPEN FOR THIS PROJECT. PLEASE CHECK BACK SEPTEMBER 1ST.
The Lifeline Program promotes self-sufficiency and supports individuals and families to strive towards economic stability. The meals will be provided to the families who are in the Lifeline program.
Project: Bless a family and give them a chance to celebrate one of the most cherished holidays that many of us take for granted. Provide them with the groceries to make Thanksgiving Dinner a reality (turkey and all the sides). Fresh items are preferred as much as possible, but non-perishables will work as well.
Cost: Cost of the groceries. Use the suggested list below to provide a holiday dinner.
What size family? Choose a family of 4, 5 or 6 upon registration.
Groups or Individuals: This project is great for either group or individuals. If you’re an individual, you might grab your friends or family to help with the prep and expense of the meal.
Deliver: Wednesday, November 20th to the North County Lifeline Offices. Once the meal is delivered, the social workers will deliver the meal to the client.
Pack: Package the dinner in boxes or reusable grocery bags to make it easier for transport.
Suggested Grocery List:
- Fresh Turkey – 10 lbs or more
- Stuffing – all components to make stuffing
- Gravy, jar or packet
- Fresh or Canned Corn
- Bag of Potatoes + fixings for Mashed Potatoes
- Cranberries, Canned or Fresh
- Fresh Uncooked Green Beans
- Buttery Biscuits, Rolls or Garlic Bread
- Fresh Baked Cornbread or Boxed Cornbread
- Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie
- Whip Cream
- Include a thoughtful note or a few encouraging words
***Above and Beyond: Include a grocery gift card in any amount for them to purchase the extras they might like (optional).
- “Register” for this project by filling out the short form. An automated email confirmation will be sent to you and the org of your volunteer commitment.
- Important! Include your preferred time for drop-off in the “Comments” section of the registration. This will expedite the sign-up process.
- Important! Include the family size you’d like to adopt, 4 5 or 6 people, in the “Comments” section of the registration.
- Deliver the meal during the specified hours that have been coordinated with the Team Leader, Anabel Melo.
DROP OFF TIMES. 8:30am – 5:00pm, or up until 7pm by appointment
QUESTIONS: Team Leader: Anabel Melo
- Phone: (760) 842-6254
- Email: [email protected]
Date/Time: 11/20/2019 - 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
North County Lifeline
200 Michigan Ave