MEAL PROJECTS HAVE CHANGED AS OF JANUARY 2019! Please read the description in its entirety. Starting January 2019, there are new food regulations dictated by the California Health and Safety Code that have changed the way food is to be served. The entire meal must be purchased or prepared from a COMMERCIAL KITCHEN (i.e. Costco, Winco, Grocery Store Deli, Restaurants, etc.). We have some suggestions to make this project EASY for you.
Most of Interfaith’s clients come from “La Posada,” a shelter for homeless men and farm workers in the area. These men typically work day-labor jobs and are gone all day working in the hot sun and returning late in the afternoon. This nourishing gift will help get them through the day.
Project: Pack a to-go sack lunch. PB&J is preferred as many of the men are working on jobs without any access to refrigeration. Since the sandwiches can not be home-made, please purchase Smucker’s Uncrustables peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. They come in 4 different flavors and can be found at nearly any grocery story and at Costco (18pk).
Ideal Lunch Includes:
- Smucker’s Uncrustables peanut butter and jelly sandwich(es)
- Bottle of water
- Fresh whole fruit, i.e. an apple or banana
- Healthy snacks, i.e. granola bars, crackers, pre-packaged nuts or trail mix
- Pack in a paper bag or zip-lock bag
Dates: Choose any day that works for your group to assemble and drop off the lunches. Please register first and let us know what day you plan to deliver in the “comments” box so that we don’t have duplicate deliveries in one day.
How many lunches are needed? 30 to 45 lunches per delivery are appreciated.
Location for Drop:
- Interfaith Carlsbad Service Center
- 5731 Palmer Way, Suite A
Carlsbad, CA 92010
- Back Door, Monday – Saturday, 7:30am to 11:30pm
- Please drop off at the back door. Drive straight to the back of the building and go through the alley to the back doors. If no one is there, please call 760-448-5696 and they will let you in.
Upon registration, please indicate the following in the “comments” box. This will expedite the sign up process.
- Preferred delivery date of lunches
- Number of lunches to be delivered
Questions: Team Leader Bill Halpin: [email protected]
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Interfaith Community Services – Carlsbad
5731 Palmer Way, Suite A