Most of Interfaith’s clients come from “La Posada,” a shelter for homeless men and farm workers in the area. These men typically work day-labor jobs and are gone all day working in the hot sun and returning late in the afternoon. This nourishing gift will help get them through the day.
Project: Make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. PB&J is preferred as many of the men are working on jobs without any access to refrigeration. Please include a bottle of water, fresh fruit such as an apple or banana, and a healthy snack such as a granola bar, crackers or nuts. Pack in a paper bag or zip lock bag.
Dates: Choose any day that works for your group to assemble and drop off the sandwiches. Please let us know what day you plan to deliver to Interfaith in the “comments” box when you register.
How many lunches are needed? 30 to 50 lunches per delivery are appreciated.
Location for Drop:
- Interfaith Carlsbad Service Center
- 5731 Palmer Way, Suite A
Carlsbad, CA 92010
- Front Desk, Monday – Saturday, 7:30am to 12:00pm
- Please drop off at the back door. Drive straight to the back of the building and go through the alley to the back doors. If no one is there, please call 760-448-5696 and they will let you in.
Upon registration, please indicate the following in the “comments” box. This will expedite the sign up process.
- Preferred delivery date of lunches
- Number of lunches to be delivered
PB&J Sandwiches Tips:
- Some volunteers like to mix the Peanut Butter with the Jelly before they spread so they are only spreading once.
- We have heard from clients that the most delish PB&J sandwiches are those that have peanut butter on both sides of the bread with the jelly on top of the peanut butter. That way, the sandwiches don’t get soggy – GENIUS!
- Easier to spread the PB&J when bread is frozen.
Availability: PROJECT FULL
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Interfaith Community Services – Carlsbad
5731 Palmer Way, Suite A