Pick the Fruit: Donate your time and pick fruit from a flourishing orchard. It’s simple, go out and pick! Most people locally either have fruit tree’s or have a friend/neighbor that is willing to share their abundance of fruit. You get to arrange directly with the donor for a day/time that works for both parties. These precious commodities will be donated to the Fallbrook Food Pantry to families in need. Egg donations are also greatly appreciated. Contact our team leader below.
More Project Details:
- It generally takes a 1-3 hours to pick the fruit depending on the number of properties visited and the number of trees on each property.
- The Food Pantry has empty crates available for use in which to collect the fruit. The crates can be picked up any time prior to picking.
- The Food Pantry will provide you with a “donation receipt” to give the donor after picking is complete, if the donor desires.
- Bring: gloves, clippers, sunscreen, water and crates provided by The Food Pantry. (Please do not bring ladders. Most of the fruit is low enough to clip without needing a ladder.)
- Wear: hats, long sleeve shirts and pants and closed-toed shoes
- Pick any time of day during the week that you prearrange with the donating party
- Drop off picked produce during receiving hours: Monday – Friday from 9:30-12:30 at the Fallbrook Food Pantry
This is a win-win solution to those that have an overabundance of fruit and to those in need. Grab your gloves and clippers and get picking.
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Fallbrook Food Pantry
1042 S Mission Rd