Education Begins in the Home is a 501(c)3 non-profit group led by community activist and volunteers. They provide FREE books to the youth and families of North County San Diego. They participate in events from Oceanside to Valley Center and most of the communities in-between to give away free books in an effort to improve the literacy rate of children in North County.
Project: Sort and organize books by age group. All materials will be provided for you.
- Books need to be sorted by age groups 0-5yrs, 6-10yrs, 11-15yrs, 16yrs+
- Spanish books and dictionaries will also be sorted
- Labels to be adhered to each book with the organization name to show where the books came from (labels are provided)
- Some heavy lifting and moving of boxes and books is required
Day: 4th Wednesday of each month
Location: Sorting takes place at the leaders home, 523 Edgewater Ave, Oceanside 92057
Child Friendly: Yes, but 10 and older are preferred!
Questions: Team Leader: Edward Becerra, 760-681-9950, [email protected]
Immunizations: For those concerned, both Edward and his wife are the only people in the house and are both boosted for Covid and the flu shot.
OTHER WAYS TO GET INVOLVED:
- Donations: If you would like to drop off donations of books, any and all are greatly appreciated.
- Books can be hard or soft bound.
- There is a GREAT need for books ages PreK-6th grade
- Spanish books and dictionaries accepted. No encyclopedias please!
- Please email the team leader prior to dropping off books in order to coordinate a time/day.
- Want to Help Distribute Books at School Events? Help is needed to distribute books at the school events. Anyone is interested should contact Edward directly. Contact details above.
- Help Move Books to Storage Locker: Periodically, help is needed to move books to the storage locker after the sorting is completed. Help is greatly appreciated to move these boxes and strong bodies are needed. Anyone is interested should contact Edward directly. Contact details above.
Date/Time: 07/26/2023 - 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Education Begins in the Home - Improve Literacy
523 Edgewater Ave
Off the 76/Mission, Near Guajome Park