****Due to Covid, this project requires that volunteers are fully vaccinated. Their residents are immuno-compromised and are particularly at risk. Thank you for understanding****
Description: Fraternity House is a residence that provides loving care for seven men and women living with HIV/AIDS. The “House” began as one person’s act of kindness for people who were sick, isolated and homeless. The residents simply ask for care, compassion and dignity. They love having interaction from the community.
Regulations by the California Health and Safety Code have changed the way food must be served. The entire meal preparation for this project must be made in a Commercial Kitchen (i.e. Costco, Winco, Grocery Store Deli, Restaurants, etc.). We have some easy meal suggestions for you.
- Project: We ask groups to bring and serve dinner for the residents. The house has a full kitchen with pots, pan, plates, serving utensils, etc. If your group would like to stay for dinner, visit, play games or watch a movie, the residents would love it! Just let us know when you register in the “comments field.
- Time: Arrive by 5:00pm or earlier if needed and refer to the meal preparation guidelines below. Dinner is served at 5:30pm and groups finish by 7:30pm.
- The Meal: The meal needs to be purchased from a commercial kitchen, which includes food prepared by Costco, Winco, any Grocery Store Deli and restaurants. Food cannot be purchased frozen and cooked at home. Please check out our easy meal suggestions. You are welcome to choose any menu you wish. We do ask that you clean up the kitchen after the meal is served with staff assistance.
- Casseroles, side dishes and other items, may be cooked on-site and/or reheated to food-safe temperatures.
- Salad: Mixed greens, spinach or a salad mix purchased in a sealed container and assembled on site is acceptable. Please bring a bottle of salad dressing and toppings if desired.
- Desserts: Should be commercially prepared.
- Fraternity House Dietary Issues: The residents do have varying diets due to health reasons. If possible, we ask groups to seek healthier, low salt/sugar and nondairy options. The residents love fish and do not have any allergies.
- How Much Food is Needed? Please provide about 8 servings of a main dish, side dish and salad.
- Supplies Provided: Full kitchen, pots, pans, plates, silverware, etc.
- Family Friendly: Sorry not at this time, simply due to Covid concerns.
- Cost: Cost of the meal you provide.
- Address and Directions: Once you register, the email confirmation will contain the address for your project. The home is Located in Escondido, Elfin Forrest
- Group Size & Covid Vaccine: This project is intended for groups of six or less and all must have the Covid Vaccine. If you’re in a larger group where everyone would like to participate, we can split your group between two houses.
- Questions: Terry Wilcock, 760- 214- 6663, [email protected]
If you are not in a life group and would still like to provide a meal, we ask that you involve your family or a group of friends to do this together. However, if you have the finances and ability to cook a meal for 9 people, then we welcome individuals.
Date/Time: 02/15/2023 - 5:00 pm - 7:15 pm
Michaelle House and Fraternity House
Will be provided after registration.