About BCDI: Botanical Community Development Initiatives (BCDI) welcomes volunteers of all ages, skills, abilities and backgrounds. They seek to provide nourishment and education to four preschools. Children who attend these schools will learn about farm supplies, sustainably-grown vegetables, and have a safe place to spend outdoors. The preschools are surrounded by low-income neighborhoods who suffer from a lack of easily accessible fresh food and healthy outdoor activities.
- All are welcome to enjoy a day at the farm. Projects will vary but may include planting, seeding weeding, mulching, up-potting, compost turning, chicken care, painting signs, organizing, cleaning, data entry seed collecting, seed sorting, various maintenance projects or building projects.
- Time: 11am-2pm, Fist Sunday/Every Month
- Meet: 4510 N. River Road Oceanside, 92057 (The Farm is located on the property of Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church)
- Bring: Gloves, hats, sunscreen, snacks & water
- Wear: Full length pants and shirts, closed toed shoes recommended
- Provided: Rakes, shovels and other tools will be provided.
- Who: Great for groups or individuals.
- Masks: This project is outdoors, so unless volunteers are in close proximity to others, masks are optional.
- Child Friendly: Yes! All skills and ages are welcome. Children do need to be supervised by an adult/parent. Volunteers below the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult. Children 16 -18 years need parental permission slips if left on their own. Playground is available for the kids.
- Waiver: Print and sign this waiver and bring it with you on your volunteer day.
- Composting: If you have fruit or vegetable scraps and would like to take part in their new food composting project, you may bring your scraps in a bucket, ice cream container, or large used yogurt container. Please do not bring scraps in plastic bags as they are trying to reduce plastic usage. See flier for more details.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Tammy will be on-site to give directions. [email protected], (760) 575-4898.
Date/Time: 01/01/2023 - 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Botanical Community Development Initiatives (BCDI)
4510 N. River Road