North Coast is partnering with “I love a Clean San Diego” during their Earth Day Clean-Up event. Join other volunteers throughout North County to clean up and beautify over 100 sites.
Location/Meeting Point: South Ponto Beach, Carlsbad
From the I-5: Exit POINSETTIA LN., head WEST (to beach).Turn LEFT/SOUTH onto COAST HWY 101/CARLSBAD BLVD.After passing the campgrounds, veer right to a parking lot exit just as the road begins to climb (to La Costa Ave). If you miss the “parking exit” turn, you must U-turn at La Costa and again at Avenida Encinas to return to South-101. Look for the State Beach signs.
Child friendly! Volunteers under the age of 18 will need to have a parent or guardian signature on their waiver in order to participate.
Items to Bring:
- Bring a signed copy of the waiver
- Extra water or snacks
- Sturdy closed toed shoes and clothing appropriate for a cleanup. Wear your Weekend of Service shirt, if you have one.
- Hats and sunscreen are recommended.
- To reduce waste, volunteers are asked to bring reusable supplies, such as a bucket to collect litter, gardening or work gloves
- Backup supplies will be available if forget any of these items
- Note! Every participant needs to sign a waiver; anyone under the age of 18 needs a parent or guardian signature to participate
- Volunteers are encouraged to bring reusable items like water bottles, buckets, and work gloves.
How to Register: Click “REGISTER” and fill out the short form. You will receive and automated email confirmation. Please remember to give a valid email address so we are able to contact you if there is a last minute change regarding your site.
Site Leader: Dave Boerlin