Description: Michaelle House is a residence that provides loving care for 10 men and women struggling from HIV/AIDS. The “House” began as one person’s act of kindness for people who were sick, isolated and homeless. The residents simply ask for care, compassion and dignity. They love having interaction from the outside wold.
THE PROJECT DESCRIPTION HAS CHANGED AS OF JANUARY 2019! Please read the description in its entirety. Starting January 2019, there are new food regulations dictated by the California Health and Safety Code. This has changed the way food must be served. The entire meal preparation for this project must be made in a COMMERCIAL KITCHEN (i.e. Costco, Winco, Grocery Store Deli, Restaurants, etc.). We have some EASY suggestions for you.
- Project: We ask groups to bring and serve dinner for the residents. The house has a full kitchen with pots, pan, plates, serving utensils, etc. If your group would like to stay for dinner, visit, play games or watch a movie, the residents would love it!
- Time: Arrive by 5:00pm or earlier if needed and refer to the meal preparation guidelines below. Dinner is served at 5:30pm and groups finish by 7:30pm.
- The Meal: The meal needs to be purchased from a COMMERCIAL KITCHEN, which includes food prepared by Costco, Winco, any Grocery Store Deli and Restaurants. Food cannot be purchased frozen and cooked at home. Please check out our easy meal suggestions. You are welcome to choose any menu you wish.
- Casseroles and side dishes and other items may be reheated to food-safe temperature on site.
- Salad: Mixed greens, spinach or a salad mix purchased in a sealed bag/container and assembled on site is acceptable. Please bring a bottle of salad dressing and toppings if desired.
- Desserts: Should be commercially prepared.
- Dietary Issues: The residents do have varying diets due to health reasons. If possible, we ask groups to seek healthier, low salt/sugar and nondairy options. This will ensure that all residents will be able to enjoy the great food that your groups bring.
- How Much Food is Needed? Please provide about 10 servings of a main dish, side dish and salad.
- Supplies Provided: Full kitchen, pots, pans, plates, silverware, etc.
- Family Friendly: Yes
- Cost: Cost of the meal you provide.
- Address and Directions: Once you register, the email confirmation will contain the home address for your project. The home is Located in Vista.
- Team Leader/Questions: Maysoon Chantrill, [email protected], (760) 529-3243
If you are not in a group and would still like to provide a meal, we ask that you involve your family or a group of friends to do this together. However, if you have the finances and ability to cook a meal for 10 people, then we welcome individuals.
Date/Time: 06/06/2019 - 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Michaelle House and Fraternity House
Will be provided after registration.