Group are asked to provide a fully prepared meal for up to 50 people living in this family homeless shelter for women and their children. This is an essential part of Operation Hope’s success! There is a partial kitchen with outlets, refrigerator, microwave and a serving area to make any final preparations.
- People Needed: Every member of a growth group can pitch in with the meal preparation and service.
- Dinner Time: Please arrive with food fully prepared by 5:30pm. The meal is served at 5:45pm. Groups are finished by 6:30pm.
- Requirements: Groups should provide about 30-50 servings of a fully prepared main dish, side dish and salad. An email will be sent confirming the exact number of meals as this number changes from week to week.
- The Meal: You are welcome to choose any menu you wish. We do ask that you serve the same main dish to everyone.
- See our suggestions for easy menus >>>
- Additional Items to Bring:
- Two gallons of milk
- Juice or water
- Paper goods (plates, bowls, napkins, utensils, cups, etc.)
- Dessert (optional and please only bring enough for that evening)
- Clean-Up: Residents will clean-up any containers and leftovers that remain. They are often packed up and enjoyed for lunch the next day.
- Blessing: Each evening a blessing is offered over the meal either by a member of your group or a shelter resident (your choice!).
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- Cost: Provide food for the meal
- Questions: If you have any questions please contact the Team Leader, Amy Kent.
If you are not in a Growth Group and would still like to provide a meal, we ask that you involve your family, or a group of friends, and do this together. Please do not sign up as an individual, unless you have the finances and ability to cook a meal, for this many people.
Availability: PROJECT FULL
Date/Time: 03/02/2017 - 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Operation Hope - Shelter for Women and Children
859 E Vista Way