Cleaning up your neighborhood park is rewarding for volunteers and neighbors alike. Volunteers and on-lookers will see the immediate and tangible results of your efforts. Grab your family or friends and pick up trash and wipe down benches and picnic tables. Choose a park in advance that needs some TLC and bring your trash picker-uppers and trash bags. If anyone asks what you’re doing, let them know you’re from North Coast and you’re making the community a cleaner and safe place.
Preparation and Planning:
Groups should choose a date and park location that suits their needs. Remember to warn children to be cautious of any poison oak or sharp items (broken glass, nails, needles, etc) and tell them to find a grown-up if they do find these items. Adults should watch over their children to keep them safe.
Things to Think About:
- Time: Agree on a time to meet and duration of clean-up
- Which Park? Find a park in your neighborhood that needs cleaning-up.
- Location: Agree on where to meet and make sure there is parking available.
- Wear: Closed-toed-shoes, long pants & hats.
- Bring: Disposable gloves, 2-3 grocery bags, 1 large black trash bag, spray bottle with water or cleaner, Clorox wipes, wet wipes, hand sanitizer, paper towels, hats, sunscreen, snacks and water.
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Clean Ups: Park, Beach or Creek
Will be provided after registration.