Most local food pantries are in GREAT need for non-perishables. They are serving the homeless and underserved populations that are in severe crisis during this time. Help support your local non-profit and bring them donations.
Things to Think About:
- Invite Others: Gather your friend, family and neighbors to participate in this project.
- Find a Local Pantry: Contact your local pantry to find out their greatest needs
- Day/Time: Agree on a time/day to meet and collect canned foods from your group.
- Adverstize: Send an email or post the information on your church’s social media or community page.
- Children: Involve the children in the family and encourage them to help pack the food.
- Drop Off: Make sure the pantry is open and drop off the food at your convenience.
Most Commonly Needed Food Items:
- Breakfast Cereal/Oatmeal
- Jelly or Jam
- Pasta Meals:
Mac N’ Cheese
Pasta (not spaghetti)
Rice A Roni
- Healthy Snack Items:
Peanuts, Trail Mix
Fruit snacks, Fruit Leather
- Supplemental Items:
Suggested Toiletry Items:
- For Bathing:
Bar of soap
- For Hygiene:
Comb and/or Brush
*Pack all items into a large zip-lock bag to make a complete kit.
Register to let us know you are planning your own local food drive or toiletry drive
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Will be provided after registration.