Project: Bless a family and give them a chance to celebrate one of the most cherished holidays that many of us take for granted. Provide them with the groceries to make Thanksgiving Dinner a reality (turkey and all the sides). The meals will be given directly to the families who are in Lifeline’s Communities in Action program and Neighborhood Network program. For more information on both these programs, please scroll to the bottom of the page.
Cost: Cost of the groceries. Use the suggested list below to provide the necessary items.
What size family? Choose a family of 1-6 people (let us know your preference when you register).
Groups or Individuals: This project is great for either group or individuals. If you’re an individual, you might grab your friends or family to help with the expense of the meal.
Deliver: Wednesday Nov. 17 or Thursday Nov. 18th to the North County Lifeline offices in Vista. Once the meal is delivered, the social workers will deliver the meal to the client.
Drop off Times: 8:30am – 5:00pm, or up until 7pm by appointment only.
Pack: Package the dinner in boxes or reusable grocery bags to make it easier for transport.
Suggested Grocery List:
- Frozen Turkey – 10 lbs or more
- Stuffing + all components to make it
- Gravy jar or packet
- Canned Corn
- Bag of Potatoes + fixings for Mashed Potatoes
- Canned Cranberries
- Canned Green Beans
- Buttery Biscuits, Rolls or Garlic Bread
- Boxed Cornbread
- Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie
- Whipped Cream
- Include a thoughtful note or a few encouraging words
- Above and Beyond! Include a grocery gift card (Food4Less, Stater Bros, or WalMart) in any amount so the clients may purchase the extras they might like (optional).
FYI: North County Lifeline has a large refrigerator and freezer and has the ability to store the perishable items for the clients, however, we ask that most of the other items be non-perishable.
- “Register” for this project. An automated email will be sent to you and the organization confirming your volunteer commitment.
- Important! Include your preferred day/time for drop-off in the “Comments” section of the registration. This will expedite the sign-up process.
- Important! Include the family size you’d like to adopt, 1-6 people, in the “Comments” section of the registration.
- Then you may go shopping and deliver the meal during the specified days as given.
QUESTIONS: Team Leader: Anabel Melo
- Phone: (760) 842-6254
- Email: [email protected]
North County Lifeline recipients of this meal are part of the following programs:
- The Communities In Action program at North County Lifeline is designed to help individuals and families toward stability, empowerment, and connection. It provides essential tools and opportunities that promote financial wellness and self-sufficiency.
- Neighborhood Networks is an innovative program designed to address the health and social needs of community residents using a network of community-based solutions. Clients must be Medi-Cal members who struggle with chronic health and/or mental health issues, who have high health care needs, or who do not have a place to live.
Date/Time: Flexible Days
North County Lifeline
642 Vista Village Dr.