North Coast has partnered with organizations in the community to serve our seniors because living alone can be tough for them. Some don’t have family nearby to check on them, thus a blessing bag/toiletry kit, grocery delivery or a ride to the doctor’s office can be such an important service. It can help uplift their spirits and give them and their family members peace of mind.
5 Easy Ways to Get Involved:
- Bingo Nights at Senior Homes: Check out 2 homes in Vista where you can play Bingo with the residents: Pacifica and Alta Vista.
- Create Toiletry Kits for low-income seniors in Carlsbad or donate to the “Party Stores” at Pacifica Senior Living or Alta Vista Senior Living
- Blessing Bags for Ramona Seniors: Create a fun bag of goodies that includes a few treats, a puzzle book and some colored pens.
- Homemade Cards for Foundation for Senior Care – Fallbrook: Make homemade cards to brighten a seniors day.
- Help with Transportation for Seniors: Volunteer drivers needed to help with multiple transportation options in Oceanside.
For more information on any of these projects, click on the blue links above.