Top Five Questions We Get Asked About the Drive
- Why we do it? North Coast hosts the annual Backpack Drive in order to collect backpacks stuffed FULL of school supplies for local homeless children and at-risk youth. The goal is to set up these children for success by providing them with the proper school supplies. As simple as it seems, a new backpack has a profound effect on kids who have very little.
- How do we distribute the backpacks? For many struggling families, the anticipation of having to purchase the long list of school supplies can be overwhelming, especially if they have multiple children. Many times, the cost of school supplies along with the need for internet access and a laptop is nearly impossible. When it comes to deciding between groceries vs. purchasing school supplies, putting food on the table wins. Thus, the packs are donated to local schools and non-profits who work very closely with the at-risk youth and know whose most in need.
- What does school look like in 2021? Many schools are planning to reopen in-person learning this Fall 2021, in addition to still offering a virtual option. Since the pandemic, many at-risk youth have experienced mental health issues. Returning to school is supposed to be a safe place for them and a chance to feel reconnected with their fellow students and teachers.
- Which Campuses Participate in the Drive? All seven North Coast Church campuses are collecting backpacks stuffed full of school supplies. Each of them supports local schools and non-profits in their area. To learn more about the Backpack Drive and the individual campus supply lists, click HERE.
- What Local Businesses Come Alongside North Coast? North Coast has been blessed by a local Carlsbad company called Vessel. Vessel specializes in golf bags but offers a line of school backpacks as well. For several years now, they have donated over 500 backpacks annually to support our drive. The backpacks are then stuffed by North Coast volunteers with all the donated school supplies. Voila! This is a win-win!
***The Backpack Drive is August 8th. Don’t miss the one weekend collection at all campuses and bring a backpack stuffed full of school supplies.
For a list of FAQs regarding the Backpack Drive, click HERE!
If you’d like to volunteer for the drive, click HERE!
If you’d like more information on the Backpack Drive, click HERE!