Wow Church! Serve Your City Was a Huge Success!
Give, Serve, Love! These are just a few highlights from the event that North Coast can celebrate. The church could not have accomplished these without the generosity of the church members and community.
- 5,682 total volunteers overall projects
- 19,090 hours of labor overall projects
- 12,000 toiletry kits for homeless
- 848 Blessing Bags for seniors distributed
- 23,333 pounds of food donated to less fortunate
- 208 units of blood collected via all North Coast Campus during a Blood Drive
- Over 200 projects completed during the month of April, many of which happened over one weekend.
- $117,000+ donated to nearly a dozen non-profit partners to help with a variety of needs.
News Coverage of Serve Your City: The Vista Press covered Serve Your City in their recent press release. Here’s what they had to say:
April 2021 — North Coast Church Promotes Giving Back, Serving Others, and Loving Your Neighbor Give, Serve and Love are the ways North Coast Church (NCC) is inviting the community to join them in making a lasting impact on local non-profits, service organizations, and families and individuals in need. NCC is currently hosting Serve Your City, a three-week-long service project event aimed at impacting the community through donations, volunteering, and loving those close to us.
The Serve Your City service project event is looking for community volunteers to help with service projects happening across the North San Diego County region on April 24 and 25. NCC has partnered with more than 60 non-profit organizations. All service projects, as well as all monetary donations, will help these deserving non-profit organizations.
“It has been such a hard year for local non-profits, and we need to do all we can to support them,” said
Community Service Pastor Connor McFadden. “All donations, volunteer hours, and in-kind support will go to helping families and individuals who need it most.”
Service project opportunities include:
• Large-scale outdoor projects at local non-profits
• Small projects to do in-person or at home
• Food, toiletry, and technology donations at all NCC locations (April 24 from 9 to 11 a.m. only)
• Blood donations at all NCC locations (Donation dates/times vary per campus)
The Serve Your City service project encourages people to focus on different ways to serve their community.
• GIVE donations that will help local non-profits, service organizations, and families and individuals in
need. No matter what your circumstances, any amount helps and is appreciated.
• SERVE or participate in a community service project with your family or on your own.
• LOVE and support someone in your life by giving them a call, writing a note, or spending time or
showing a stranger a random act of kindness.
The above content was reprinted with permission from The Vista Press.