Bread of Life Rescue Mission is a non-profit Christian organization in Oceanside that feeds seniors, vets, families & less fortunate every day of the year. North Coast Church has committed to make and serve dinner year-round every Wednesday night for these less fortunate people.
- People Needed: An entire growth group may pitch in with the meal preparation, but only 6-10 are needed to serve.
- Dinner Time: Arrive with food fully prepared by 5:30pm (really important!). The meal is served at 6:00pm, and most groups finish by 7:00pm.
- Requirements: Groups should provide about 120 servings of a fully prepared main dish, side dish and salad. There are three steam trays to keep food hot.
- The Meal: You are welcome to choose any menu you wish. We do ask that you serve the same main dish to everyone. Please try to avoid pizza and lasagna if possible because they receive so many of these dinners, that we’d like to give them a variety. Suggestions for easy meals!
- No Dessert: Bread of Life receives regular donations of bread, baked goods and dessert, therefore it is not necessary to provide these items.
- Drinks: If possible, bring two cases of water bottles and a few gallons of milk. The mission provides coffee and punch with each meal.
- Supplies Provided: There is a full supply of serving utensils, disposable plates, plastic-ware, etc. Please leave your supplies at home to avoid having them misplaced.
- Clean Up: Minimal cleanup is required, primarily washing trays and serving utensils.
- Cost: Cost of the meal you provide.
- Child Friendly: Yes
- Nice but not necessary: They always have a great need for sturdy paper products, such as Costco’s “Hefty Super Weight Lunch Plates” (220 ct) and “Hefty Super Weight Small Bowls” (330 ct), and cases of water bottles. All these items can be found at Costco.
- Questions: Team Leader, Suzi Jones at [email protected], 760-458-0356
If you are not in a Growth Group and would still like to provide a meal, we ask that you involve your family or friends to help. Please do not sign up as an individual because this project requires ten (10!) or more people.
Availability: PROJECT FULL
Date/Time: 01/09/2019 - 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Bread of Life Rescue Mission & Shelter
1919 Apple Street