Serve Your Local Community
The options below are just a few ways that you can get started.
Donations received will be used by the Community Service Team to bless the nonprofit organizations we partner with who provide services to those in our community. All donations are tax deductible and processed through North Coast Church. For more info, contact Connor at [email protected] or call (760) 724-6700 x260.
Contributions to North Coast Church are administered and disbursed under the supervision of the church. In the unlikely event that a ministry/project is overfunded, gifts will be used in another ministry/project in alignment with our exempt purpose.
- Start a Backpack Drive: Collect backpacks for local schools and drop off a backpack filled with school supplies at your child’s school or a nearby school.
- Baby Bottle Drive: Find a local Pregnancy Resource Center and give, build a layette, check for opportunities etc.
- Consider supporting these organizations that help children:
- Compassion International – Sponsor a child in need
- AIM (Agape International Missions) – Rescues children from sex trafficking.
- Save the Children – Works to ensure children have healthcare, food and shelter, as well as learning and child protection services when children need it most.
- Children’s Heart Project – Arranges life-saving operations for hundreds of children who live in countries where the required medical expertise and equipment are not available.
- Angle Tree Christmas with Prison Fellowship – Provides an opportunity for local congregations to extend the hope of the Gospel and enfold Angel Tree families into church life through delivering Christmas gifts on behalf of incarcerated parents, sending kids to summer camp, facilitating one-day sports camps, and more.
Create a homeless kit ( clean socks, water, snacks, gloves/beanie) and have in car to give to someone in need
- Soldiers Angels – Soldiers’ Angels volunteers work virtually and in-person to carry out the mission of the organization and ensure No Soldier Goes Unloved.
- Operation Gratitude – A nation-wide nonprofit providing Americans with opportunities to honor our military, veterans, and first responders through hands-on volunteerism.
Consider these ways to serve your local area:
- Organize clean-ups at parks
- Organize yard care for a senior
- Build a free library box
- Clean up graffiti
- Organize a neighborhood get together
- Saved in America – Assists parents and law enforcement to locate missing, runaway and exploited children – the groups most vulnerable to sexual trafficking.
- Destiny Rescue – Rescues children from sexual exploitation and human trafficking and helps them stay free.
- Polaris – Operates the U.S. National Human Trafficking Hotline.
We have created several project registrations that are suited for individuals or small groups and can be done from your home. Check these out!
RECIPE FOR FINDING A PROJECT
- Ask your group if they have a project in mind
- Plan for success
- Pray over your project
- Let us know how you did
- Evaluate what you’d like to do different or do again