Pregnancy Medical Clinic: There are many non-profit, licensed, accredited pregnancy medical clinics located around the country. Find a clinic near you by simply “Googling it” and find out whether they provide free services to women facing unplanned pregnancies (such as pregnancy tests, ultrasounds and education in pregnancy and infant care). North Coast’s focus is to partner with centers that primarily focus is on saving the life of the fetus and present the women with the real facts about abortions.
Project: Create a Baby Layette
You can support a local center by graciously giving from your heart to the moms and babies. We suggest you call the center to confirm whether they have specific needs and are accepting donations. See below for the suggested items to include in your infant layette. The basket can be generic or customized for a boy/girl depending on the needs of the center. The young moms will surely appreciate everything that you provide.
- nasal aspirator
- infant toy
- bodysuits or onesies (wide head openings and loose legs)
- undershirts or vests (snaps at neck or wide head openings, snaps under crotch)
- blanket sleepers for winter baby
- sweaters or jackets (front buttoned)
- rompers or other dress-up outfits*
- socks or booties (shoes are unnecessary until baby walks)
- hats (broad-brimmed for summer baby, soft cap that covers ears for winter baby)
Packaging: Place purchased items into a cute basket, crate or even a baby bathtub.
How Many Layettes? Make one complete kit or more if it fits within your budget.
Drop off: Call first to confirm working hours and coordinate with the center to determine the best time to drop off the baby layette.
Child Friendly? Yes, get the entire family involved