After School Homework Helper supports North County Lifeline’s after school program. La Casita (the location) is set up as an early intervention program for at-risk youth and provides services for around 30 children ages 6 to 12 on a daily basis. The site allows for a safe space for children to go to when released from school.
- Assist elementary age children with homework
- Tutor individual or small groups of students to improve academic performance especially in reading or math
- Collaborate with La Casita staff to determine student needs and develop tutoring plan
- Keep record on student learning plans and activity logs
- Enhance self-esteem and confidence in the student through patience and encouragement
- Models excitement about learning through a positive adult relationship
- Support staff and programming as needed
- At least 2 years of study at an institution of higher education
- The curriculum is prepared and runs Monday-Friday from 2:30pm-5:30pm.
- This is an ongoing project that requires volunteers to commit to a six month period, at least one weekday afternoon
Questions: Anabel Melo at North County Lifeline [email protected]
Once you’ve registered, the site coordinator Anabel will be in touch to get you trained.
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
North County Lifeline
402 Brooks Street