Group are asked to provide a fully prepared meal for about 40-50 people living in this family homeless shelter for women and their children. This is an essential part of Operation Hope’s success! There is a partial kitchen with outlets, refrigerator, microwave and a serving area to make final preparations.
- People Needed: Every member of a growth group may assist with the meal preparation and service.
- Dinner Time: Arrive with food fully prepared by 5:30pm. The meal is served at 5:45pm. Most groups are finished by 6:30pm.
- Requirements: Provide about 40-50 servings of a fully prepared main dish, side dish and salad. The number of servings may change from week to week depending on the occupancy of the house. An email will be sent the week of if there are any changes.
- The Meal: You are welcome to choose any menu you wish, but please serve the same main dish to everyone.
- See <<<suggestions for easy menus >>>
- Additional Items to Bring:
- Two gallons of milk
- Water bottles (enough for 50)
- Optional: Paper products are always greatly appreciated, such as plates, bowls, napkins, utensils, cups, etc.
- Dessert: Dessert is optional. However, a fresh fruit salad is a very popular option for dessert.
- Clean-Up: Residents will clean-up any containers and leftovers that remain. They are often packed up and enjoyed for lunch the next day.
- Blessing: A blessing may be offered over the meal by a member of your group or a shelter resident (your choice!).
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- Cost: Provide food for the meal
- Questions: 760-295-9448, [email protected]
If you are not in a Life Group and would still like to provide a meal, we ask that you involve your family, or a group of friends, and do this together. Please do not sign up as an individual, unless you have the finances and ability to cook a meal, for this many people.
Date/Time: 02/01/2018 - 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Operation Hope - Shelter for Women and Children
859 E Vista Way