About North County Lifeline: Lifeline’s Communities in Action program promotes self-sufficiency and supports individuals and families to strive towards economic stability, empowerment, and connection.
Project: Bless a family and give them a chance to celebrate one of the most cherished holidays that many of us take for granted. Provide them with the groceries to make Thanksgiving dinner a reality (turkey and all the sides). Fresh items are preferred as much as possible, but non-perishables will work as well. The meals will be given directly to the Lifeline families.
Cost: Cost of the groceries. Use the suggested list below to provide a holiday dinner.
What size family? A typical family of five (5).
Groups or Individuals: This project is great for Life Groups or individuals. If you’re an individual, you might grab your friends or family to help with the expense of the meal.
Deliver: Monday, November 20th, 8:00am – 5pm to the Lifeline Vista Campus (642 Vista Village Drive, Vista 92084). After the meal is delivered, the caseworkers will deliver the meal to the family.
Pack: Package the dinner in boxes or reusable grocery bags to make it easier for transport. Feel free to decorate to make it festive, add a card of good wishes, or provide a grocery gift card for additional ingredients.
Suggested Grocery List:
- Fresh Turkey – 10 lbs or more
- Stuffing – all components to make stuffing
- Gravy, jar or packet
- Fresh or Canned Corn
- Bag of Potatoes + fixings for Mashed Potatoes
- Cranberries, Canned or Fresh
- Fresh Uncooked Green Beans
- Buttery Biscuits, Rolls or Garlic Bread
- Fresh Baked Cornbread or Boxed Cornbread
- Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie
- Whip Cream
- Include a thoughtful note or a few encouraging words
- Above and Beyond! Include a grocery gift card (Food4Less, Stater Bros, or WalMart) in any amount so the clients may purchase the extras they might like.
FYI: North County Lifeline has a large refrigerator and freezer and has the ability to store the perishable items for the clients, however, we ask that most of the other items be non-perishable.
DROP OFF TIMES. 8:00am – 5pm, or up until 6pm by appointment
QUESTIONS: Anabel Melo, Phone: (760) 842-6254, Email: [email protected]
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
North County Lifeline
642 Vista Village Dr.