The Head Start Program provides comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition, and parent involvement services to low-income children and families.
Project: Bless a family and give them a chance to celebrate one of the most cherished holidays with a homemade feast that includes a turkey and all the sides. Use the suggested list of groceries as you go shopping, and deliver the items during the delivery window.
Cost: Cost of the groceries. Use the suggested list to provide a holiday dinner for a family.
What size family? Choose a family of 4, 6 or 8 upon registration. The list below will provide a wonderful feast for a family in need.
Groups or Individuals: This project is great for groups or individuals. If you’re an individual, you might grab your friends or family to help with the prep and expense of the items to make the complete meal.
Deliver: Head Start office in Poway, 13029 Danielson Street, Ste. 100, Poway, CA 92064
Delivery Window: November 13th – 16th, between 8:00am-4:30pm (no deliveries over the weekend please). Once the meal is delivered, the social workers will deliver the meal to the clients. The center is closed the week of Nov 20th
Pack: Package the dinner in boxes or reusable grocery bags to make it easier for transport.
Suggested Grocery List:
- Gift Card to cover the cost of the turkey (Vons, Stater Bros, Albertsons)
- Stuffing mix, plus all components to make stuffing
- Gravy, canned or packet
- Canned corn
- Bag of potatoes or instant mashed potatoes
- Cranberries, canned
- Green beans, canned
- Buttery biscuits, rolls or garlic bread
- Cornbread, boxed
- Pumpkin pie or pecan pie
*Include a thoughtful note or a few encouraging words
**There is no refrigeration, so items must be non-perishable
- After you’ve “Registered” an automated email confirmation will be sent to you and Head Start notifying you of your volunteer commitment.
- Important! Include your preferred drop-off date (November 13-16) for the groceries in the “Comments” section of the registration and let us know what size family you’d like to sponsor. This will expedite the sign-up process.
- Questions: Erimar Luna Madrid, [email protected], 858-204-9487
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Head Start Program - Ramona & Poway
13029 Danielson Street, Suite 100