A Western style hoedown is coming to Oceanside October 16th. This event is a huge fundraiser for Ivey Ranch Park Association to raise money for its riding programs that help hundreds in the community. Guests can look forward to country music, a barbecue lunch, horseback riding demonstrations and lots of fun and games.
Who does Ivey Ranch Serve? Ivey Ranch Park provides educational and recreational activities to all ages, with and without disabilities. Currently over two thirds of their clients have moderate to severe disabilities which include behavioral disorders, genetic disorders, and disabilities caused by accident or trauma. The Center also operates an equestrian facility, in-home respite services and a Community Garden. To learn more about Ivey Ranch, click HERE!
Fun Facts About Ivey Ranch
- They began their Equestrian Program in 2003 with one horse and two riders with special needs. They now have over 24 horses and serve over a hundred riders every week.
- They are the only duly certified equestrian facility in the State of California. They are certified with the PATH (Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship) and CHS (Certified Horsemanship Association).
- Over 14,000 hours of service are donated to this program every year by community members ages 9-99.
100 Volunteer Needed to Make This Event a Success! Ivey Ranch expects over 300 people to attend their Hoedown and are looking for over 100 volunteers from the community to pull off this event. North Coast Community Service has partnered with Ivey Ranch for over five years and has ongoing service projects throughout the year. There are four different 2-3 hour shifts on 10/16/21 starting at 7am and going until 9pm.
If you’d like to volunteer, click on a link below.
- 10/16 Morning Shift 1
- 10/16 Event Volunteer Shift 2
- 10/16 Event Volunteer Shift 3
- 10/16 Tear Down Crew Shift 4
Questions or to purchase tickets to the event: