THE PROJECT DESCRIPTION HAS CHANGED AS OF JANUARY 2019! Please read the description in its entirety. Starting January 1st, 2019, new food regulations dictated by the California Health and Safety Code have changed the way food is to be served. The entire meal preparation for this project must be made in a COMMERCIAL KITCHEN (i.e. Costco, Winco, Grocery Store Deli, Restaurant, etc.). We have some suggestions to make this EASY for you.
- Breakfast Burritos (Must be purchased from a restaurant. Sorry, cannot be made in a home kitchen, or purchased frozen and heated at home.)
- Bagels, Cream Cheese, Deli Sliced Meat, Deli Sliced Cheeses
- Croissants, Muffins, Pastries, Scones
- Hard Boiled Eggs (Purchased from Costco),
- Sliced Bread or Toast with spreads such as Peanut Butter, Jelly, Cream Cheese or Nutella
- Yogurt Cups
- Fresh Whole Fruit – Strawberries, Grapes, Bananas, Oranges (uncut)
- Milk and Individually packaged Cereal Boxes
Quantity: Enough to feed 20 people
Drinks: Please bring two cases of water bottles and/or a few gallons of milk or juice.
Coffee: An easy option to bring coffee is to order a “traveler box” from a place such as Starbucks, Panera or Peet’s. Call your favorite place to arrange the details and order in advance so you don’t have to wait. The “Starbucks Traveler” is a convenient carrier filled with 96 fl. oz. of brewed coffee and includes cups, stir sticks and sugar. It serves about 12 people so you may consider ordering two “Travelers” so you have enough for 20 people. Peet’s and Panera have similar options.