A beautiful way to serve our local seniors is through the gift of a Blessing Bag. A Blessing Bag is a little care package filled with fun treats and an unexpected surprise to brighten their day.
How Many Bags to Create? The center is closed for activities during the Covid Crisis, however, there are 35-75 seniors that pick up a bagged lunch on any given day. In addition, there at 250 home-bound seniors whom meals are brought to on a daily basis. You may create anywhere from 1 to 250 “blessing bags” depending on your group size or budget.
Blessings Bags: Make 1-25+, or any amount that fits within your budget. Place in a large zip lock bag or buy an inexpensive “dollar store” basket. Feel free to get creative and include a special homemade card, which are always greatly appreciated. Here are some of the most popular kits:
- Game Basket: deck of cards, cross word puzzles, Sudoku and/or a large print book or bible.
- Art/craft supplies: craft paper, watercolor supplies, colored pencils, adult coloring books, senior friendly craft projects.
- Holiday-themed bag: Choose an upcoming holiday and include a sweet treat, a small room decoration or an easy craft they can complete. Valentine, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day are all great occasions.
- Book/DVD kit: Nature or travel picture books, DVD movies (family-type & comedies are the most popular). Nature, animal and travel documentaries are also appreciated.
- Treat bags: chocolates, granola bars, store bought cookies, nuts, pre-popped popcorn, bag of mints, Nilla crackers, Cracker Jacks
- Spa/Toiletry kit: toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, body wash, body spray, hand lotion, cloth face mask, slippers or socks with sticky bottoms (mens/womens).
Family Friendly: Absolutely! This is a great project to involve children.
Groups or Individuals: Great for both groups and individuals.
Drop off: Ramona Senior Center
434 Aqua Lane, Ramona, CA 92065
Hours: 8:30a.m. to 4:00p.m, M-F
Contacts: Ellen, Lora or Sandy can accept your donations as you arrive.
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Ramona Senior Center
434 Aqua Lane