Education Begins in the Home is a 501(c)3 non-profit group led by community activist and volunteers. They provide FREE books to the youth and families of North County San Diego. They participate in events from Oceanside to Valley Center and most of the communities in-between to give away free books in an effort to improve the literacy rate of children in North County.
Project: Sort and organize books by age group
- Books need to be sorted by age groups 0-6, 6-10, 11-16, 17+
- Spanish books and dictionaries also sorted
- Labels to be adhered to each book with the organization name to show where the books came from (labels are provided)
- Some heavy lifting and moving of boxes and books is required.
Day: Wednesdays (Tuesdays available upon request – please email team leader)
Location: Home address where sorting takes place, 523 Edgewater Ave, Oceanside 92057
Child Friendly: Yes, but 10 and older are preferred!
Questions, Contact our Team Leader: Edward Becerra
760-681-9950, [email protected]
OTHER WAYS TO GET INVOLVED:
- Donations: If you would like to drop off donations of books, any and all are greatly appreciated.
- Books can be hard or soft bound.
- They have a GREAT need for books ages PreK-6th grade
- Spanish books and dictionaries accepted. No encyclopedias please!
- Please email our team leader prior to dropping off books in order to coordinate a time/day.
- Move Books to Storage Locker: Periodically, our Team Leader, Edward will move the books to the storage locker after the sorting is completed. Help would be greatly appreciated to move these boxes. Strong bodies are needed, if interested, please register or contact Edward directly.
Date/Time: 05/24/2017 - 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Education Begins in the Home - Improve Literacy
523 Edgewater Ave
Off the 76/Mission, Near Guajome Park