The Vista Conservancy is a rural and native wildlife of the Vista area that is being threatened by the elimination of open spaces as a result of population growth.
A clean up event is typically held semi-annually to assist the Vista Conservancy. They normally take place on a Saturday and need a large group of at least 25-50 people to assist. If you’re interested in choosing a date for your group, please contact our “team leader” below.
- Duties: Trim overgrown plants and trees, remove trash and debris from the creek bed and trail.
- Tools: Volunteers will need to bring gardening tools if you have them: weed trimmers, large clippers, hedge trimmers & rakes
- Bring: Work gloves, hats, sunblock, re-usable water bottle.
- Wear: If you happen to have a North Coast Weekend of Service T-shirt, please wear it! Also make sure to wear closed-toed shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Child Friendly: This project is not ideal for children under 13 years old. The ravine can be steep and the terrain is not very child friendly.
If you are have a large group that you’re willing to coordinate and would like to tackle this project, contact: Terry Woods at [email protected]