Project: Make peanut butter & jelly for our homeless families or less fortunate individuals. Include a bottle of water, a piece of fruit and a healthy snack (i.e. granola bar, trail mix, applesauce, etc.). Please note, they can NOT accept meat and cheese sandwiches due to a lack of refrigeration. Please only make PB& J.
How many lunches should we make?
Interfaith feeds approximately 160 people each day, so any amount between 20 and 250 are greatly appreciated. They can only accept up to 250 due space and storage.
These lunches are provided free to individuals and families who come to the Intake Center. By putting together sack lunches you are supporting Interfaith’s goal to help the underserved populations in North County.
- Register first and confirm your date! Include the date you plan to deliver the sandwiches in “comments” section of the registration so we may avoid duplicate deliveries on the same day.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Make sandwiches and include a healthy snack (ex: granola bar, trail mix, applesauce, etc.), bottle of water and a piece of fruit.
- Drop off the lunches at the Escondido office after your date has been confirmed by our team leader.
- Complete a donation receipt upon delivery at Interfaith
Drop off times/location:
550 West Washington Avenue
Escondido, CA 92025
Delivery Hours for Sack Lunches
• Monday through Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
• Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
PLEASE INDICATE IN COMMENTS SECTION UPON REGISTERING
- PREFERRED DROP OFF DATE
- NUMBER OF LUNCHES YOU’LL BE DELIVERING
- Some volunteers like to mix the peanut butter with the jelly before they spread so they are only spreading once.
- We have heard from clients that the most delish PB&J sandwiches are those that have peanut butter on both sides of the bread with the jelly on top of the peanut butter. That way, the sandwiches don’t get soggy – GENIUS!
- Easier to spread the PB&J when bread is frozen.
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Interfaith Community Services - Escondido
550 West Washington Avenue, Suite B