The Communities In Action program at North County Lifeline is designed to help individuals and families toward stability, empowerment, and connection. It provides essential tools and opportunities that promote financial wellness and self-sufficiency. The meals will be given directly to the families who are in the CinA program.
Project: Bless a family and give them a chance to celebrate one of the most cherished holidays that many of us take for granted. Provide them with the groceries to make Thanksgiving Dinner a reality (turkey and all the sides). Fresh items are preferred as much as possible, but non-perishables will work as well.
Cost: Cost of the groceries. Use the suggested list below to provide a holiday dinner.
What size family? Choose a family of 4, 5 or 6 upon registration.
Groups or Individuals: This project is great for either group or individuals. If you’re an individual, you might grab your friends or family to help with the expense of the meal.
Deliver: Wednesday Nov. 18 or Thursday Nov. 19th to the North County Lifeline offices in Vista. Once the meal is delivered, the social workers will deliver the meal to the client.
Drop off Times: 8:30am – 5:00pm, or up until 7pm by appointment only.
Pack: Package the dinner in boxes or reusable grocery bags to make it easier for transport.
Suggested Grocery List:
- Fresh Turkey – 10 lbs or more
- Stuffing – all components to make stuffing
- Gravy, jar or packet
- Fresh or Canned Corn
- Bag of Potatoes + fixings for Mashed Potatoes
- Cranberries, Canned or Fresh
- Fresh Uncooked Green Beans
- Buttery Biscuits, Rolls or Garlic Bread
- Fresh Baked Cornbread or Boxed Cornbread
- Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie
- Whip Cream
- Include a thoughtful note or a few encouraging words
***Above and Beyond: Include a grocery gift card (Food4Less, Stater Bros, or WalMart) in any amount for them to purchase the extras they might like (optional).
- “Register” for this project by filling out the short form. An automated email confirmation will be sent to you and the org of your volunteer commitment.
- Important! Include your preferred day/time for drop-off in the “Comments” section of the registration. This will expedite the sign-up process.
- Important! Include the family size you’d like to adopt, 4 5 or 6 people, in the “Comments” section of the registration.
- Deliver the meal during the specified hours.
QUESTIONS: Team Leader: Anabel Melo
- Phone: (760) 842-6254
- Email: [email protected]
Availability: PROJECT FULL
Date/Time: Flexible Days
North County Lifeline
200 Michigan Ave