Project: Make peanut butter & jelly or meat & cheese sandwiches for our homeless families or less fortunate individuals.
If making meat and cheese, be sure to notify the receiving party that they are meat and cheese so they can be refrigerated properly. Please do not add mustard or mayo as this makes for keeping the sandwich fresh longer.
FAQ: How many lunches should we make?
Interfaith feeds approximately 160 people each day, so between 160 to 200 sack lunches are greatly appreciated. However, they will gladly accept any amount up to 300 lunches, or whatever is within your financial means.
These lunches are provided free to individuals and families who come to the Intake Center. By putting together sack lunches you will be supporting Interfaith’s goal to help underserved populations in North County.
- Register first and confirm your date! Make a note in “comments” section of the date you plan to deliver so we may avoid duplicate deliveries on the same day at Interfaith.
- Make sandwiches and include a healthy snack (ex: granola bar, trail mix, applesauce, etc.), bottle of water and a piece of fruit.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Drop off the lunches at the Escondido offices after your date has been confirmed by our team leader.
- Complete a donation receipt upon delivery at Interfaith
Drop off times/location:
550 West Washington Avenue
Escondido, CA 92025
Delivery Hours for Sack Lunches
• Monday through Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
• Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
PLEASE INDICATE IN COMMENTS SECTION UPON REGISTERING
- PREFERRED DROP OFF DATE
- NUMBER OF LUNCHES YOU’LL BE DELIVERING
- Some volunteers like to mix the Peanut Butter with the Jelly before they spread so they are only spreading once.
- We have heard from clients that the most delish PB&J sandwiches are those that have peanut butter on both sides of the bread with the jelly on top of the peanut butter. That way, the sandwiches don’t get soggy – GENIUS!
- Easier to spread the PB&J when bread is frozen.
- If making meat & cheese, please do not add mustard or mayo as this make the sandwich soggy if it’s not given out until the next day.
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Interfaith Community Services - Escondido
550 West Washington Avenue, Suite B