Pick the Fruit: It’s simple! Go out and pick fruit from a flourishing orchard. Most people in the Fallbrook area either have fruit trees or have a friend/neighbor that is willing to share their abundance of fruit. You get to arrange directly with the donor for a day/time that works for both parties. These precious commodities will be donated to the Fallbrook Food Pantry to families in need. Egg donations are also greatly appreciated.
Note: You will have to find your own farm or orchard to pick near you! Most people in the Fallbrook community usually know someone who has an abundance. Please ask your neighbors or ask around your community. We do not currently have a list of places to pick.
More Project Details:
- The Food Pantry has empty crates available for use in which to collect the fruit. The crates can be picked up any time prior to picking.
- The Food Pantry will provide you with a “donation receipt” to give the donor after the picking is complete, if the donor desires.
- Allow for 1-3 hours to pick the fruit depending on the property size and the number of trees.
- Bring: gloves, clippers, sunscreen, water and crates provided by The Food Pantry. (Please do not bring ladders. Most of the fruit is low enough to clip without needing a ladder.)
- Wear: hats, long sleeve shirts and pants and closed-toed shoes
- Pick any time of day during the week that you prearrange with the donating party
- Drop-off picked produce during receiving hours: Monday – Friday from 9:30-12:30 at the Fallbrook Food Pantry
This is a win-win solution to those that have an overabundance of fruit and to those in need. Grab your gloves and clippers and get picking.
- Sancia Obermueller
- [email protected]
- (760) 925-2419
- After you’ve registered, an automated email confirmation will be sent to you and the organization, notifying them of your volunteer commitment.
- Choose a date that works best for your group and contact the Food Pantry to pick up the crates to hold the produce.
- It’s that simple. Now, pick the produce and drop off at the Food Pantry when you’re done.
Available Spots: Open
Date/Time: Flexible Days
Fallbrook Food Pantry
1042 S Mission Rd