***Please read all details before signing up****
Bread of Life Rescue Mission is a non-profit Christian organization in Oceanside that feeds the homeless every day of the year.
- People Needed: An entire growth group may pitch in with the meal preparation, but only 6-10 are needed to actually serve the meal.
- Dinner Time: Arrive with food fully prepared by 5:30pm. The meal is served at 6:00pm, and most groups finish by 7:00 PM.
- Requirements: Groups should provide about 100 servings of a fully prepared main dish, side dish and salad. There are three steam trays to keep food hot.
- The Meal: You are welcome to choose any menu you wish. We do ask that you serve the same main dish to everyone.
- Suggestions for easy meals!
- No Dessert: Bread of Life receives regular donations of bread and baked goods, therefore it is not necessary to provide bread or desserts.
- Drinks: If possible, bring two cases of water bottles and/or a few gallons of milk. The mission provides coffee and punch with each meal.
- Supplies Provided: There is a full supply of serving utensils, disposable plates, plastic-ware, etc. Please leave your supplies at home to avoid having them misplaced!
- Clean Up: Minimal cleanup is required, primarily washing trays and serving utensils.
- Cost: Cost of the meal you provide.
- Child Friendly: Yes
- Nice but not necessary: They are always in great need of sturdy paper products, such as Costco’s “Hefty Super Weight Lunch Plates” (220 ct) and “Hefty Super Weight Small Bowls” (330 ct), and cases of water bottles. All these items can be found at Costco.
- Questions: Team Leader, Suzi Jones at [email protected], 760-458-0356
If you are not in a Growth Group and would still like to provide a meal, we ask that you involve your family, or a group of friends, and do this together. Please do not sign up as an individual, unless you have the finances and ability to cook a meal, for this many people.
Availability: PROJECT FULL
Date/Time: 09/13/2017 - 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Bread of Life / San Diego Rescue Mission
1919 Apple Street