Bread of Life Rescue Mission is a non-profit Christian organization in Oceanside that feeds the homeless every day of the year.
- People Needed: Every member of a large growth group can pitch in with the meal preparation, but only 6-12 are needed to actually serve the meal.
- Dinner Time: Please arrive with food fully prepared by 5:30pm. The meal is served at 6:00pm. There is minimal cleanup required and most groups finish by 7:00 PM.
- Requirements: Groups should provide about 100 servings of a fully prepared main dish, side dish and salad. There are three steam trays to keep food hot.
- No Dessert Necessary: Bread of Life receives regular donations of bread and baked goods, therefore it is not necessary to provide bread or desserts.
- The Meal: You are welcome to choose any menu you wish. We do ask that you serve the same main dish to everyone. The mission provides coffee and punch with each meal.
- If your group is able to provide water bottles, soda, or milk this is always greatly appreciated by our guests!
- Suggestions for easy meals!
- Supplies Provided: The mission has a full supply of serving utensils and disposable plates, plastic-ware, etc. We recommend you leave your supplies at home to avoid having them misplaced!
- Minimal cleanup is required — primarily washing trays and serving utensils.
- Cost: Provide the food for the meal
- Child Friendly: Yes
- Questions: Team Leader, Suzi Jones at [email protected]
If you are not in a Growth Group and would still like to provide a meal, we ask that you involve your family, or a group of friends, and do this together. Please do not sign up as an individual, unless you have the finances and ability to cook a meal, for this many people.
Availability: PROJECT FULL
Date/Time: 06/07/2017 - 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
San Diego Rescue Mission - Oceanside Navigation Center
1919 Apple Street