Bread of Life Rescue Mission is a non-profit Christian organization in Oceanside that feeds the homeless every day of the year.
- People Needed: Every member of a large growth group can pitch in with the meal preparation, but only 6-12 are needed to actually serve the meal.
- Dinner Time: The meal is served at 6:00pm. Please arrive with food fully prepared by 5:30pm. There is minimal cleanup required and most groups finish by 7:00 PM.
- Requirements: Groups should provide about 100 servings of a fully prepared main dish, side dish and salad. There are three steam trays to keep food hot. Bread of Life receives regular donations of bread and baked goods; therefore it is not necessary to provide bread or desserts.
- The Meal: You are welcome to choose any menu you wish. We d o ask, however, that you serve the same main dish to everyone. The mission provides coffee and punch with each meal. If your group is able to provide water bottles, soda, or milk this is always greatly appreciated by our guests!
- Suggestions for easy meals!
- Supplies Provided: The mission has a full supply of serving utensils, (we recommend you leave yours at home to avoid having them misplaced!) and provides disposable plates, plastic-ware, etc. Minimal cleanup is required — primarily washing trays and serving utensils.
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- Cost: Provide food for the meal
- Questions: If you have any questions please contact the Team Leader, Suzi Jones.
If you are not in a Growth Group and would still like to provide a meal, we ask that you involve your family, or a group of friends, and do this together. Please do not sign up as an individual, unless you have the finances and ability to cook a meal, for this many people.
Availability: PROJECT FULL
Date/Time: 02/22/2017 - 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Bread of Life Rescue Mission & Shelter
1919 Apple Street