Description: Michaelle House is a residence that provides loving care for 10 men and women suffering from HIV/AIDS. The “House” began as one man’s act of kindness for people who were sick, isolated and homeless. The residents simply ask for care, compassion and dignity. They love having interaction from the outside wold.
Dinner: We ask groups to cook and serve dinner for the residents. The house has a full kitchen with pots, pan, plates, serving utensils, etc. If your Growth Group would like to stay for dinner, visit, play games or watch a movie, the residents would love it!
Dinner Time: Please arrive by 5:00pm or earlier if needed and refer to the meal preparation guidelines below. Dinner is served at 5:30pm and groups finish by 8pm. Please arrive as early as you need in order to prepare the meal.
Meal Preparation Guidelines:
- Casseroles and side dishes and other items can be prepared in advance, as long as they are cooked or reheated to food-safe temperature on site.
- Raw meat such as hamburgers, pork chops, chicken breasts and steaks should not be reheated. They can be marinated in advance and cooked on-site just before serving. There is a working barbecue at the house in addition to an oven & range.
- Salads can be assembled ahead of time or on site.
- Desserts can be brought in fully prepared and can be home-cooked or store-bought.
- Requirements: Groups should provide about 10 servings of a fully prepared main dish, side dish and salad.
- The Meal: You are welcome to choose any menu you wish.
- Suggestions for easy meals!
- Supplies Provided: Full kitchen, pots, pans, plates, silverware, etc.
- Kid Friendly: Yes
- Cost: Cover the cost of the meal provided for residents
- Address and directions: Will be emailed in the confirmation email after registration.
- Team Leader: Maysoon Chantrill, [email protected], (760) 529-3243
If you are not in a Growth Group and would still like to provide a meal, we ask that you involve your family, or a group of friends, and do this together. Please do not sign up as an individual, unless you have the finances and ability to cook a meal, for this many people.
Date/Time: 03/16/2017 - 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Michaelle House and Fraternity House
Will be provided after registration.